Sunday, March 15, 2009

Peanut Butter Mystery

I prepared myself for some time on the computer by fixing a peanut butter sandwich on mom's newly made bread all toasted golden brown. It was perfect. I began reading the blogs and enjoyed them very much, but then I was tempted to play just a few games on the computer. There was my downfall. It's Sunday night and I had just read Janell's inspiring talk. I was all enthused. I then read Marian's blueberry muffin experience which made me hungry and wishing she was here to visit with, but did I stop? No! I went right ahead playing a few games. Then I realized that's not why I had come to the computer, so I prepared to write my blog.

I suddenly remembered my peanut butter sandwich and settled in to eat it, before starting. I looked and it was gone! Where do you suppose it went? I looked the house over and couldn't fine it. Wouldn't you think you would remember eating a peanut butter sandwich. I didn't even have a glass of water with me. It usually gets stuck in my mouth and I have to wash it down. I even looked to see if it had fallen on the carpet. The only evidence that it might have been there, was an empty napkin. Well I slowly trudged back to the kitchen with my mouth yearning for peanut butter. I now know that I have eaten one sandwich, but some day one of you might solve the mystery by coming across it accidentily when visiting grandma. I just can't believe I would have eaten it. When I get on the scales I'll probably know for sure.

I do want to make this a Sunday Post, so I would like to share this experience. For some time now, I have been thinking about doing some genealogy, but I usually have an excuse. I hadn't been to the temple this month, so I thought it would be nice to go yesterday since Norm and Sheryl are there on Saturdays.

When I woke up I had no desire to go. I was worn out. Well, the Lord has a way of helping you along, if the desire is there. While I was praying, a peaceful feeling came over me and a real yearning to go. I got up and asked mom if she'd like to go and she agreed. You need to know that I have been reading about the Nephites and the Lamanites and my connection as a daughter of Israel, my descendents being: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph. I was told I have the blood of Israel in my veins. Somewhere I think we have some Lamanite blood. When I reached the temple and picked up the person's name, it was from 1899 and it was a Seneca Indian girl. It was overwhelming. I then started reading 2Ne. 4 and realized that I was fulfilling Nephi's and Christ's promise that he would never forget them; that they would one day have the gospel again. My heart is full just thinking about it. The gospel is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Have a great day tomorrow and the next and the next............

4 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Okay, first I'm laughing and then you make me cry. Thank for the post!

(Why all of a sudden do I have a craving for PB&J?)

M. Nelson said...

I meant to say: thanks for the post. I wish the comments had a way to edit.

Janell said...

Ok - I can finally go to bed! I knew you were planning on writing a post and I've been checking every so often to see if you were done. :-)

I'm worried, though. With my luck I'll probably SIT on the sandwich the next time I'm there! :-)

Thanks for the Sunday thought. I needed that!

Nelson Nine said...

Woo Hoo! welcome to the blogging world. Sorry about the sandwich though. I usually have that happen with the laundry soap. Can't remember whether I put any in or not.