Monday, June 7, 2010

History in quilting

Greetings to all
I am finally coming down from all of the wonderful experiences we had on our trip, but my body still tells me I'm on eastern time. I had a wonderful time, but I will write about that later. I'm in need of catching up a little on some great things that have happened in my life.

When George passed away, I set a goal to make quilts for Tara and Eric, with pictures, that would give them special memories of their dad. With all that happened in my life, it seemed I would never be able to accomplish my goal. I am happy to report that as of April, my goal was finally reached.


Thanks to lots of encouragement and a talented and great friend, I was able to get them done. She is a tremendous quilter and so kind. Her sister machine quilted them for me, but the piecing I did and Elaine helped me to put them together. We were both stitching the binding about 45 minutes before the post office closed so I could send Eric's for Christmas. I know angels carried it there, because Canadian mail does not move that fast. He had it the day before Christmas.

Alas, Tara didn't get hers until the first of April. It is such a good feeling to finish a goal. It seems like forever since I was able to do it. Janell downloaded my pictures, so she said she would help me put it on the blog so you could see it. Thanks Janell! All of you have a great and best day ever!

6 comments:

M. Nelson said...

Linda! I love it! You did such a good job. Tara and Eric are going to cherish their quilts.

Dana said...

Linda!! I'm gushing.....the quilt is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

What a special gift! And you have a right to be proud! Way to finish a project/ goal you started! And a lofty one at that! :)

Janell said...

Linda, I'm so impressed! They really are beautiful.

Nelson Nine said...

Way to go Linda! They truly are beautiful and such a treasure.

Gail said...

What a good idea!