Monday, August 24, 2009

Greetings to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been in withdrawal since not being able to read the blogs. Now you're saying, "Why not?" Well, I guess my dialing finger was out of commission or I could have called and asked my knowledgeable, computer sister Janell what they are. That is the only excuse I have. You see, my computer was actually functional. It was mom's that was on the blink. I've just need to be more of a leader like the rest of you, rather than a follower. This is quite fun. I'm getting to be quite a philosopher. He He.

I can't believe that school is starting again. I think I know the names of Tara's students better than she does. I must have written their names on things at least 300 times. I'd forgotten what it's like. She still needs more. In fact, I was sitting there all alone in her classroom, because Tara had gone home to feed Ian for Seth, and it was very quiet, when I heard a voice say, "Are you a teacher?" I screamed so loud I'm sure the whole neighborhood heard me. I turned to see a father standing there with big, wide eyes and a startled look. I meekly said, "No, I'm her mother." He started to grin and wanted to know if there was anyone who could help him register his sixth grader. To top it all off, he was hispanic and still had an accent. I'm sure he thought, do I want my child in this school with screaming gringos. I could hear him laughing as he went down the hall.

Grandchildren never cease to amaze me. Mine are the cutest ever. Tara was gone and I had Ian on the porch swing with me and Kynslie climbed up beside me. Out of the blue she said, "Where is your Papa?" I explained that he is in heaven, but I have a papa. She said, "My mama's Papa is in heaven too." "He died." It gave me a lot to reflect on. I think our children and grandchildren are a lot closer to heaven than we think and our family, on the other side, is around us, just not visible. I was reading Section 101 in the D&C and he tells us about it.

I know this is getting too long, but I just wanted to say how great it has been to see Marian, Ethan and Adelaide. I loved going to Ashley and Nikki's plays. It's fun to be related to the stars. Thanks Turley, Ken, Janell, Mark & Karen for all the good meals and beds. I love Norm and Sheryl's letters and thanks for the berry errands you run for me Glenna. I hope everyone has a great year in school and I look forward to the upcoming marriange of Jessica and Bryce. I love you all.
Linda

1 comment:

Janell said...

Glad to have you back in the "blogging" fold. We've missed you!